We have recently changed hosting providers and welcome you to our new web presence. There are exciting updates coming so please check back and let us know what you think. Please have patience while we work out some quirks in the new site and get information populated back to it for you to see.
• Amateur Radio Volunteers Assisting in Italian Earthquake Response
• Louisiana Amateur Radio Emergency Service Volunteers Stand Down
• California RACES and CERT Volunteers Team Up to Assist Seniors during Blackout
• Amateur Radio Volunteers Respond to Louisiana Flooding Catastrophe
• ARRL Encourages the FCC’s Comprehensive Noise Floor Study Proposal
• FEMA Teams up with Amateur Radio Clubs to Present Information to the Public during National Preparedness Month.
• Dayton Hamvention Headed for Xenia in 2017
• FCC Proposes Rule Changes in Response to ARRL’s “Symbol Rate” Petition
• Skyler Fennell, KD0WHB, is 2016 Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF, Memorial Young Ham of the Year
• The FCC Proposes Rule Changes and Seeks Comments in Response to ARRL’s “Symbol Rate” Petition
• A Rundown of the Board Actions at the July 2016 ARRL Board of Directors Meeting
• UK Astronaut Tim Peake, GB1SS, Leads a Ham radio Contingent to 10 Downing Street
Be featured on ARRL Audio News by reading an “Audio News ID” or telling us which repeater in your area plays Audio News! visit www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news to learn how.
This week: Amateur Radio Plays Key Role in Major FEMA Earthquake Disaster Exercise; Future FAA Rules Could Affect Some Amateur Radio Antenna Support Structures; Two Young Radio Amateurs are First Americans to Take Part in YOTA Camp
This week: Amateur Radio Parity Act Receives Favorable House Energy and Commerce Committee Report; FCC Finds a Fix for Amateur Radio Application Batch Processing Problem; W1N mobile Special Event takes place in a solar-powered car.
This week: FCC continues to Investigate an Amateur Radio Application Processing Glitch; Amateur Electronic Supply is Closing after 59 Years in Business; New Microwave & UHF Distance Records Set on Same Day.
All Amateur Radio Emergency Service districts and counties in West Virginia are on alert for possible activation in the aftermath of severe flooding; the FCC transitioned to a new Electronic Comment Filing System with a “hard launch” on Monday, June 20; the ARRL will sponsor a 2016 Atlantic Season Hurricane Webinar; the first ARRL Teachers Institute of 2016 wrapped up on June 10 in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. the FCC’s Office of Engineering and Technology says that all RF LED lighting devices falling under Part 15 rules as “unintentional radiators” must meet conducted and radiated emissions limits set forth in those rules. More!
Please join Jim’s family as they say Farewell (for now) To James “Jim” Blecha.
As we honor his final request and scatter his ashes a top Squaw Mountain, Colorado on Sunday July 17, 2016 at 11am MT.
Directions from Denver:
Interstate 70 West to Exit 252 Evergreen Parkway
South to Squaw Pass Road (road sign to Echo Mountain Ski Area)
Turn Right, Continue Approximately 13 miles to Forest Service Rd 252.10A on the left (the next service road past Sawmill Rd)
Follow the Forest Service road to the left to Arapaho Springs Campground on the right.